RIO's new Scandi Short VersiTip is a shooting head that was developed and designed for smaller rivers and tight casting situations. It is a particularygood line for the Great Lakes rivers and is one of the easiest casting spey designs ever made. Manufactured with a long front taper, this head throwswonderful tight loops that turnover beautifully at distance. The head comes packaged with 4 different 10 ft long tips; a floating tip, an intermediatetip, a type 3 and a type 6 density compensated sinking tip. The short tips ensure that anglers can fish narrow runs and in tight situations, yet still haveenough body outside the rod to make an easy cast. The head easily has enough power to turnover 15 ft tips, when a longer head is required, and has noproblem throwing MOW tips of the appropriate size when conditions dictate more depth. Including the tips, the whole head length of each size is only 33ft, which works particularly well on switch rods and shorter, modern spey rods. The heads are available in sizes #5, #6, #7, #8 and #9. This versitip headsystem also works extremely well on single handed rods, though users should note that the head weights are based on the Spey AFTTA standard, whichis about 3 line sizes heavier than the single handed rod standard. For example, if you have a #8 rod, use the #5 Scandi Short VersiTip.
RIO's new Scandi Short VersiTip is a shooting head developed for smaller rivers and tight casting situations
Perfect for Great Lakes tributaries and small coastal streams
One of the easiest casting spey designs ever made
Comes with 4 different 10 ft long tips
A floating tip, intermediate tip, type 3 and type 6 Density Compensated sinking tips
The rates shown below are for shipping to the lower 48 United States and Canada only. If you require shipping outside of the lower 48 US or Canada,
or you are ordering multiple items, then please add the items to your cart and enter your billing and shipping addresses to see your shipping options
and prices. You will still have an opportunity to add or remove items from your cart later.
Standard Flat Rate
(6 to 8 Business Days)
(3 Business Days)
FedEx Second Day
FedEx Next Day
USPS Priority Mail
(3 Business Days)
FedEx International Express
(4 to 7 Business Days)
FedEx International Priority
(1 to 3 Business Days)
Home of Free Shipping on Everything All The Time!!
Shipping Need To Knows:
- Fast and free all year long ( To the lower 48 U.S.)
- Get your order in by 4PM Mountain time and we will typically ship it the same day or at the latest the next business day.
- We only ship through Fedex or USPS depending on the weight, cost and location. Internationally, we only use Fedex.
- Combined shipping is available by placing all AvidMax Outfitters in your cart BEFORE making the payment. You will receive 50% off the lowest shipping price of each additional item.
- 60% discounted expedited shipping rates. Never marked up, we only charge our actual shipping cost.
- Our free shipping service used is either US Postal Service or FedEx Ground, delivery to a P.O. Box may go FedEx SmartPost (we choose the method based on weight, cost and location).
- Delivery time for our "Free Shipping" is listed as 6-8 business days. Most of the time we will beat this, however sometimes it will take the full 8 business days to arrive. Enjoy! (Please be careful to remember to include holidays when counting business days.)
United States shipping:
Our standard domestic shipping service is FedEx or USPS. The Standard Flat Rate Shipping price is for shipping in the United States (the "lower 48" only). Delivery time is 6 to 8 business days. When you checkout, you will have an opportunity to upgrade your shipping. Express will be sent either USPS Priority or FedEx and should arrive in 3 business days or faster. FedEx Overnight and Second Day services are also offered.
For shipping to a PO BOX, military APO/FPO, Alaska, Hawaii, or any US possession (such as Puerto Rico or Guam), we can only use USPS. The free shipping option does not apply in these cases.
Canadian and International shipping:
FedEx Express is an air service with no brokerage fees. As the buyer, you are responsible to pay for all customs and duties. These charges are not included in the shipping price and they are the responsibility of the customer and must be paid upon delivery. Charges to clear your customs office for taxes and other charges are the responsibility of the buyer. These charges are beyond our control and vary by country. Please call your local customs office for more information.
We will state the purchase price, not including shipping, on the Customs Forms. You will be responsible for any taxes, and customs fees. We will not put a different price on the form, nor will we state that it is a gift.