Braided Loop Connector
Drew's Speed Loops are braided loops with shrink wrap tubing to permit quick connection of fly line and leader.
- Eliminates the need for leader / line knots.
- Exclusive non-collapsing loop.
Available in the following sizes and colors:
- 3 - 7 Weight / Clear
- 3 - 7 Weights / Fluorescent Orange
- 8 weights and up / Clear
How to use Speedloops:
Step 1: Slide a section of a heat shrink tubing onto the connector.
Step 2: Insert the tip of your fly line into the hollow center of the braided connector. Work the line all the way into the connector, advancing the line with an inch worm like movement.
Step 3: Pull the heat shrink tubing down until it is positioned, half sitting on the braided connector and half on the fly line. Shrink the tubing by exposing to items that supply controlled heat - a light bulb, iron or even a butter knife that has been warmed over an open flame will work.
Permanent attachment method: The Speedloop can be permanently attached to your fly line (an excellent alternative to the retaining tube method described above) by using one of the super-glue adhesives. Simply work the line completely into the braid as described above. Then clip away any frayed ends and apply a thin film of adhesive to the last 5/8 inch of the braid end - the end that the fly line was inserted into. Be sure the adhesive is applied completely around the braid. Finally, give the glued area a protective coating or Aquaseal or Pliobond.
The rates shown below are for shipping to the lower 48 United States and Canada only. If you require shipping outside of the lower 48 US or Canada,
or you are ordering multiple items, then please add the items to your cart and enter your billing and shipping addresses to see your shipping options
and prices. You will still have an opportunity to add or remove items from your cart later.
||Standard Flat Rate
(6 to 8 Business Days)
(3 Business Days)
|FedEx Second Day
||FedEx Next Day
||USPS Priority Mail
(3 Business Days)
|FedEx International Express
(4 to 7 Business Days)
|FedEx International Priority
(1 to 3 Business Days)
Home of Free Shipping on Everything All The Time!!
Shipping Need To Knows:
- Fast and free all year long ( To the lower 48 U.S.)
- Get your order in by 4PM Mountain time and we will typically ship it the same day or at the latest the next business day.
- We only ship through Fedex or USPS depending on the weight, cost and location. Internationally, we only use Fedex.
- Combined shipping is available by placing all AvidMax Outfitters in your cart BEFORE making the payment. You will receive 50% off the lowest shipping price of each additional item.
- 60% discounted expedited shipping rates. Never marked up, we only charge our actual shipping cost.
- Our free shipping service used is either US Postal Service or FedEx Ground, delivery to a P.O. Box may go FedEx SmartPost (we choose the method based on weight, cost and location).
- Delivery time for our "Free Shipping" is listed as 6-8 business days. Most of the time we will beat this, however sometimes it will take the full 8 business days to arrive. Enjoy! (Please be careful to remember to include holidays when counting business days.)
United States shipping:
Our standard domestic shipping service is FedEx or USPS. The Standard Flat Rate Shipping price is for shipping in the United States (the "lower 48" only). Delivery time is 6 to 8 business days. When you checkout, you will have an opportunity to upgrade your shipping. Express will be sent either USPS Priority or FedEx and should arrive in 3 business days or faster. FedEx Overnight and Second Day services are also offered.
For shipping to a PO BOX, military APO/FPO, Alaska, Hawaii, or any US possession (such as Puerto Rico or Guam), we can only use USPS. The free shipping option does not apply in these cases.
Canadian and International shipping:
FedEx Express is an air service with no brokerage fees. As the buyer, you are responsible to pay for all customs and duties. These charges are not included in the shipping price and they are the responsibility of the customer and must be paid upon delivery. Charges to clear your customs office for taxes and other charges are the responsibility of the buyer. These charges are beyond our control and vary by country. Please call your local customs office for more information.
We will state the purchase price, not including shipping, on the Customs Forms. You will be responsible for any taxes, and customs fees. We will not put a different price on the form, nor will we state that it is a gift.