Versatile pliers plus release tool. The Crocodile pliers, in 3 sizes, accommodate a wide variety of hooks and fly shapes. The interior diameter of the Crocodile Jaws dictates which size you would want to use - the wider and thicker the body of the fly the larger the pair of Crocodile pliers you would want. Body thickness is main consideration, not length of the fly.
Using the Crocodile pliers for a release tool is easy, and it reduces the gear you have to take fishing, but best of all it greatly reduces the handling of fish. As you can see by the image below, releasing the fish does not require touching it at all. Simply grab the tippet as the fish gets near you, lock the crocs around the tippet and slide down until they are wedged into the shank of the hook - then either keep pushing the hook out, or turn the Crocs slightly and push the shank towards the sky so the fish can fall off the hook. This is the method shown on the image below, as you can see the Croc being rotated in the middle frame. These pictures also show that the biggest shock to the fish, other than being hooked in the first place, is to be lifted out of the water momentarily while gravity helps dislodge the hook. But since the amount of time is measures in seconds there are no long term effects. It is faster and easier on the fish than any other release method.
Magnetic Crocodile Jaws
Clean cutting blade
Intenal spring for superior operating tension
3-Click Locking for one handed use
We are a large, fully authorized Rising dealer. All Rising items we sell are brand new. They are fully covered by Risings warranty. Click the Rising image below to view warranty information(go to the bottom of their page to see the warranty details):
The rates shown below are for shipping to the lower 48 United States and Canada only. If you require shipping outside of the lower 48 US or Canada,
or you are ordering multiple items, then please add the items to your cart and enter your billing and shipping addresses to see your shipping options
and prices. You will still have an opportunity to add or remove items from your cart later.
Standard Flat Rate
(6 to 8 Business Days)
(3 Business Days)
FedEx Second Day
FedEx Next Day
USPS Priority Mail
(3 Business Days)
FedEx International Express
(4 to 7 Business Days)
FedEx International Priority
(1 to 3 Business Days)
Home of Free Shipping on Everything All The Time!!
Shipping Need To Knows:
- Fast and free all year long ( To the lower 48 U.S.)
- Get your order in by 4PM Mountain time and we will typically ship it the same day or at the latest the next business day.
- We only ship through Fedex or USPS depending on the weight, cost and location. Internationally, we only use Fedex.
- Combined shipping is available by placing all AvidMax Outfitters in your cart BEFORE making the payment. You will receive 50% off the lowest shipping price of each additional item.
- 60% discounted expedited shipping rates. Never marked up, we only charge our actual shipping cost.
- Our free shipping service used is either US Postal Service or FedEx Ground, delivery to a P.O. Box may go FedEx SmartPost (we choose the method based on weight, cost and location).
- Delivery time for our "Free Shipping" is listed as 6-8 business days. Most of the time we will beat this, however sometimes it will take the full 8 business days to arrive. Enjoy! (Please be careful to remember to include holidays when counting business days.)
United States shipping:
Our standard domestic shipping service is FedEx or USPS. The Standard Flat Rate Shipping price is for shipping in the United States (the "lower 48" only). Delivery time is 6 to 8 business days. When you checkout, you will have an opportunity to upgrade your shipping. Express will be sent either USPS Priority or FedEx and should arrive in 3 business days or faster. FedEx Overnight and Second Day services are also offered.
For shipping to a PO BOX, military APO/FPO, Alaska, Hawaii, or any US possession (such as Puerto Rico or Guam), we can only use USPS. The free shipping option does not apply in these cases.
Canadian and International shipping:
FedEx Express is an air service with no brokerage fees. As the buyer, you are responsible to pay for all customs and duties. These charges are not included in the shipping price and they are the responsibility of the customer and must be paid upon delivery. Charges to clear your customs office for taxes and other charges are the responsibility of the buyer. These charges are beyond our control and vary by country. Please call your local customs office for more information.
We will state the purchase price, not including shipping, on the Customs Forms. You will be responsible for any taxes, and customs fees. We will not put a different price on the form, nor will we state that it is a gift.