The RIO AFS Spey Line Heads offer flexibility for the serious angler. The Advanced Flight Spey (AFS) lines are Scandinavian style Shooting Heads. These heads have a long front taper that ensures the softest of presentation and a design that loads rod up easily, resulting in extremely effortless casts of prodigious distances. They are a joy to cast and incredibly easy to get the feel of. For the very best in presentation and control, attach one of RIO's Spey VersiLeaders to the front end. These leaders are offered in 6 ft, 10 ft and 15 ft lengths and have been designed specifically to compliment the AFS heads. Attach one of RIO's highly acclaimed shooting lines to the back end.
The AFS head is available in five different formats:
- A floating version that is available in a choice of two colors:a)a subtle green color that will not spook fish in the clearest of water, but that has a 10 ft (3 m) yellow back section to aid the angler in seeing how the line fishes and b) a bright steelhead orange - perfect for low light conditions and rivers like the Deschutes with canyon sides- it's also the perfect color for teaching and learning with
- A floating head with a 15 ft intermediate tip
- A slow sinking (Fly) head with a sink rate of 1" per second
- A type 2/3 medium sinking head with a body section that sinks at approx. 2" per second and a density compenstaed 15ft tip that sinks at 3" per second
- A type 3/4 fast sinking head with a body section that sinks at approx. 3" per second and a density compenstaed 15ft tip that sinks at 4" per second
Dual density heads (S2/3 & S3/4) are very popular "fishing" heads in Scandinavia and the UK. The slower sinking body section (than the front tip) allows the fly to swing further around in the current and closer to the near bank.With regular sinking heads of a single density, the body section tends tosink and catch on the bottom of the river before the fly can swing fully around to the dangle. This prevents the fly from getting close in to the bank and the fish that lie there. Each head has RIO's bullet-proof welded loops in both ends for easy rigging and to attach one of RIO's VersiLeaders to.
- The Advanced Flight Spey (AFS) lines are Scandinavian style Shooting Heads.
- Long front taper that ensures the softest of presentation
- Loads rod up easily, resulting in extremely effortless casts of prodigious distances
- For the very best in presentation and control, attach one of RIO's Spey VersiLeaders to the front end
- Available in Floating and Sinking versions
The rates shown below are for shipping to the lower 48 United States and Canada only. If you require shipping outside of the lower 48 US or Canada,
or you are ordering multiple items, then please add the items to your cart and enter your billing and shipping addresses to see your shipping options
and prices. You will still have an opportunity to add or remove items from your cart later.
||Standard Flat Rate
(6 to 8 Business Days)
(3 Business Days)
|FedEx Second Day
||FedEx Next Day
||USPS Priority Mail
(3 Business Days)
|FedEx International Express
(4 to 7 Business Days)
|FedEx International Priority
(1 to 3 Business Days)
Home of Free Shipping on Everything All The Time!!
Shipping Need To Knows:
- Fast and free all year long ( To the lower 48 U.S.)
- Get your order in by 4PM Mountain time and we will typically ship it the same day or at the latest the next business day.
- We only ship through Fedex or USPS depending on the weight, cost and location. Internationally, we only use Fedex.
- Combined shipping is available by placing all AvidMax Outfitters in your cart BEFORE making the payment. You will receive 50% off the lowest shipping price of each additional item.
- 60% discounted expedited shipping rates. Never marked up, we only charge our actual shipping cost.
- Our free shipping service used is either US Postal Service or FedEx Ground, delivery to a P.O. Box may go FedEx SmartPost (we choose the method based on weight, cost and location).
- Delivery time for our "Free Shipping" is listed as 6-8 business days. Most of the time we will beat this, however sometimes it will take the full 8 business days to arrive. Enjoy! (Please be careful to remember to include holidays when counting business days.)
United States shipping:
Our standard domestic shipping service is FedEx or USPS. The Standard Flat Rate Shipping price is for shipping in the United States (the "lower 48" only). Delivery time is 6 to 8 business days. When you checkout, you will have an opportunity to upgrade your shipping. Express will be sent either USPS Priority or FedEx and should arrive in 3 business days or faster. FedEx Overnight and Second Day services are also offered.
For shipping to a PO BOX, military APO/FPO, Alaska, Hawaii, or any US possession (such as Puerto Rico or Guam), we can only use USPS. The free shipping option does not apply in these cases.
Canadian and International shipping:
FedEx Express is an air service with no brokerage fees. As the buyer, you are responsible to pay for all customs and duties. These charges are not included in the shipping price and they are the responsibility of the customer and must be paid upon delivery. Charges to clear your customs office for taxes and other charges are the responsibility of the buyer. These charges are beyond our control and vary by country. Please call your local customs office for more information.
We will state the purchase price, not including shipping, on the Customs Forms. You will be responsible for any taxes, and customs fees. We will not put a different price on the form, nor will we state that it is a gift.